Guardianship / Conservatorships

The Prosecutor’s Office provides legal counsel to the Department of Human Service Adult Protective Services Division in situation where they have petitioned the Probate Court for the appointment of a guardian and/or conservator due to the abuse and/or neglect of vulnerable adults (those who are vulnerable due to mental or physical health concerns).

The goal of these cases is to help ensure the protection and safety of vulnerable adults in our community who are not able to fully protect themselves from abuse and/or neglect. To reach this goal, the Prosecutor’s Office works with:
Vulnerable Adults

To report the abuse and/or neglect of a vulnerable adult:
  • Contact Adult Protective Services at the Department of Human Services Central Intake at 855-444-3911.          
  • Contact your local law enforcement agency.
Guardianship & Conservator
For information regarding filing a petition for Guardianship of an adult or a minor or for appointment of a conservator: