What if I can't come up with all the money right now?

Even if you can't pay your taxes all at once, you can still make partial payments. Each payment will reduce the amount of interest that is added each month. The final payment must be made prior to the foreclosure date. Make your check or money order payable to the Grand Traverse County Treasurer. To ensure your payment is applied to your parcel, please write your parcel number on your check or money order along with the year you intend to pay. The mailing address is: 

Grand Traverse County Treasurer 

400 Boardman Avenue STE 104 

Traverse City, MI 49684

Show All Answers

1. If I don't pay my taxes, will I really lose my house and property?
2. What is a delinquent tax?
3. I didn't receive a tax bill- can you waive the late fees?
4. What happens after the property is forwarded to the County Treasurer for collection?
5. What does it mean for my property to be in forfeiture? Does that mean I lose my property?
6. What if I can't come up with all the money right now?
7. What happens after my property is in forfeiture?
8. What happens after my property is foreclosed? How do I get it back?
9. Will I receive any notification before my property is foreclosed?
10. Can I get any excess equity in the property after auction?
11. I did not receive a tax bill. Who do I contact?
12. How do I change my address on the tax bill?
13. I no longer own this property, but keep getting notices. How do I get my name off the records?
14. Where do I pay my property taxes?
15. The Bank/Mortgage Company pays my taxes. I don't need to worry.
16. I recently refinanced. Do I need to worry?