Friend of the Court


for the 13th Circuit Court

Click on the following links for County websites:

 Antrim - Grand Traverse Leelanau

Contacting the Friend of the Court office and MiSDU through the voice response system.

Start a Case - Parties Unmarried
  • If paternity has been established, visit Child Support Services online or call 866-540-0008.
  • If paternity has not been established call Child Support Services at 866-661-0005.
File for Divorce
If you wish to file on your own, we suggest obtaining the Michigan Divorce Book and contacting Legal Services of Northern Michigan at 231-941-0771.

Free Legal Clinics

 Understanding Child Support – A Handbook for Parents 

 Loose Change Policy For Child Support Payments

  The 13th Circuit Court Friend of the Court reserves discretion in determining if the method of payment is reasonable.  We will NOT accept excessive amount of coins/loose change (greater than $20.00), pennies are completely excluded. Further, all rolled coin must be unrolled, inspected, and counted.  Please take excessive coin to a bank and exchange for paper currency.